Why is it that my kids go back to school on the 25th of this month..and i still yet to have a school supplies list??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in

• did you check the school's web site? Sometimes it's there. They gave us the list before we got out for summer.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I got my sons on his last day of school. Sometimes your local Wal-Mart or K-mart will have a list there for the schools.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I dunno, I got my sons at registration, he's starting K. His school has it posted on there web site to though. Maybe try calling them? Someone should be there if they are starting back soon.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ive checked walmart, and k mart..they dont have his school..he didnt get the list the last day..so im not sure what to do...ive called and no one answers..this is my first year starting a school with him in NC..so im not sure how they work things out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Check walmart or call the school and ask for a list.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• did you try calling the school?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• You know I didn't get one yet either!! Usually I get one in the mail and WalMart has them. Well this year I didn't get one....and WalMart didn't either. I asked them and they said my dd's school didn't send them one!! I did buy some things I know she'll need, but I guess, maybe they are going to give them a list on the first day....???
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh and I also called the school, and they read me a list of what she needed for one class, they said they didn't know about the rest yet....WTH?? My dd is in middle school, but this is the same school she has been in the past 2 years, and they always had the list before....someone dropped the ball here.....?????????????????
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• For middle school, the teachers give out a list the first day or two of school as the lists of supplies can vary from subject to subject. Just get the basics for now. You should try the school website or district website or keep calling the school until you get an answer.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• As a teacher, my idea is that they don't want you to get a list from a specific teacher, not like the teacher and want to switch. This drives me crazy. My kids go back Sept. 8 in MI, and we won't get a list until that first week in Sept. I think a generic grade level list should be put together so parents can hit the sales. That way they can still keep the child's teacher a "secret," but parents and kids make out on what is on the list. Those supply lists are supposed to be optional. You only buy what you can or want. I work in a low income school and don't send out a list.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009