Obama to push vegan-ism on Americans???

I read this in another Q&A post:

"I don't like his ideas on taxing the hell out of fattening foods...I mean really, he's going to tell us what we can eat now too?!"

Response:
"Barack Obama is a vegan, so I can't help but wonder if that's what he's trying to push on us, too. Going out on a VERY thin limb here, but Muslims aren't allowed to eat a whole lot of meat.....a lot are even vegans....and they're not allowed to eat/drink anything isn't good for you (i.e. soda)..Maybe has something to do with these taxes? VERY thin limb here, just my mind wandering lol. But he DID try to say that America is a "muslim" country....lol"

What do you think? I think this is kinda funny, but....maybe she has a point....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What ever happened to a little thing I like to call "self control'? We are all adults, yes? Let me put my two cents in here... My hubby and I are thin by genes! I am 5'8", 119lbs, DH is 5'9" 118 on a good day. The "fatty" food you all are talking about charging more for, is the food that DH and I need to stay HEALTHY!! We need to take in 3,000+ calories per day to MAINTAIN our weight.. Forget if we want to gain any...

So, all because people have no self control left, my DH and I are going to have to pay the price??? How does this work????
    KATMommie158

Answer by KATMommie158 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well nobody is taking my meats away lol.I am a meat eating woman.Sit me down with a good fat juicy steak med well a baked tater and a glass of wine and im set.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I also enjoy deer meat when cooked right
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ugh...
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm a meat lover as well. Don't worry, nobody's taking anybody's meat away.
    caitxrawks

• America needs nothing more than a leader who knows about nutrition and will actually DO something about how fat his nation is.
    Well done Obama!
    Tax the fat away I say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 6:22 I would respond to you with an arse kicking response BUT being you will not own what you posted nevermind..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• LOL tnmomofive.

Go ahead and arsekick me.

If someone gets upset about me saying I'm all for restoring health and cutting out obesity in the US, then I have to wonder what kind of la la land they're living in.... and how much they weigh...lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well you can keep wondering on that anon because I do not at all feel the need to expose my weight to you weather it be underwieght,overweight,or average.I do not care what you think eitherway as I am secure in myself period.What I do not like about your way of thinking is this you seem to be saying it would be ok with you for all to be dictated to as to what they can or cannot eat ..forced and that is not American.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• "forced and that is not American"

What are you on about? That's VERY American.
    Heck - they're even going to make the new flu vaccine mandatory in the US.

I expect your next post will utter the words.... freedom, dream, founders, guns, ye-haw, gu-huck, guh huck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009