pregnancy and a road trip.

Have any of you ladies taken a road trip while at 7 months pregnant? Im not having any complications an the dr. said its safe so please no answers saying dont go its not safe...but how was the drive an having to go to the bathroom all the time? any tips on what might help the bathroom urge?

akalei

Asked by akalei at 6:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do not drink that much then you will not have to pee that much.

Answer by louise2 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I just took a 900 mile trip down to FL to see my family and have my baby shower, I was 33 weeks. My Dr said it was okay, as long as I tried to elevate my feet up every chance I got, drink plenty of water, and stop every 2 hours to go to the bathroom and walk 100 paces to the left and 100 paces to the right lol. Everything was okay, but while we were there my feet were VERY swollen, and when I gotten home I weighed 10 lbs more than before I left.. and we were only gone 4 days total! My dr saw me a few days later and confirmed it was mostly water weight. So yes it is safe, but it is def. hard on your body sitting for that long. I didnt drink as much water as I should have, I hate water anyways so being on a short 'vacation' I drank lots of sweet tea... oops! = ) Good luck, you will be fine!
    AVKeel

Answer by AVKeel at 6:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I took a two hour trip just days before I went in for my induction at 40 weeks. Doctor said it was fine to go as long as I stayed cool. We went to Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma to visit my in-laws on July 4. I had no problems, just got a little warm but other than that no problems. If your doc says you're fine to go, have fun!!!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 6:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Sorry I forgot to add that nothing will help the bathroom urge. Being pregnant you need to say hydrated and if you dont, you wil swell up like I did...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• they sell a porta john. its gross but reststops are not pregnancy friendly and can be 100s of miles inbetween
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• thanks ladies! :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2009