• In the Spotlight:

Ups & Downs

Eventhough I have a secured job, savings, my own apartment, healthy son and fiancee. I feel sad and teary, lately more regularly. I wanted another child, and its not happening. When I see other women with 3-4 children, some who cannot afford one, I feel that life is unfair. Don't get me wrong, but it seems that no matter that I am a good person, I have been given a tough & unfair life. I am not married, dont want to be-I was already married. I just wanted to feel pregnant and give life to another child. At 40 I dont think it will happen. I have a busy life and great friends, but no matter what I do, I always get real down & sad. My BF is not a good listener, never seems to understand. I have the right to feel this way, don't I? When will it go away? Is anyone out there going through a similar situation?

Yve538

Asked by Yve538 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I feel for you mama. I have one daughter ( 2 1/2) and my hubby and I have been TTC for over a year and a half now. It seems like that since we have been trying, EVERY one of our friends and family members have become pregnant (some of them already have their babies!!!) I cry every time I hear about someone else we know being pregnant, and I too feel aweful about it and I just cant seem to feel happy for them (especially the "young" family memebrs who's baby's dad isn't even going to be in the picture). Everyone says that It will happen if it is meant to be, well in my mind, it is hard for me to believe that it is not "meant to be" for me but it is meant to be for the single mom who has 10 children on welfare? Every month when my first day of my period comes, I feel very down and sad too. I just sit and cry and feel like it will never happen. I wish I could tell you it gets better with time, but I honestly dont know if it does
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2009