Does anyone know of any household remedies for ringworm on a cat?

My cat has ringworm but I cant get into a vet soon. Does anyone know of anything I can do to get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pets

• I read about a lot of different treatments. All of them seemed overkill. One vet suggest shaving your animals. I have 3 cats and a 50 pound dog and I am going to shave them. Right...

I read a couple of places that if your cat has a healthy immune system it will heal on it's own. We didn't have money for a vet and decided to wait and see. Our beautiful siamese had 3 large areas of hair loss. Our other two cats got very small patches. They all healed on their own. Non of them were in discomfort or had itching.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ringworm is a common and reoccurring fungus in cats that can easily be transferred to people, so if you touch it, WASH YOUR HANDS! : )

Use a GOOD athlete's foot cream. You can get that at Target or Walmart, or a CVS or Walgreens... your local pharmacy. It'd be a ton cheaper, and in essence have the same effect as any meds your vet would give you without paying for the office visit. If one kind doesn't work over the course of a week, try another. If by the 3rd round it isn't gone, you may want to call the vet for the booger.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• matobe is right! Wash wash wash and get some lamasil they also have a sprey on one at the pets stores or farm stores like where you get feed and stuff like that.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• u can get lamis, o r go to ur local tractor and supply store and see if they have something that can treat it, also i heard mouthwash works to, but u have to clip the hair away from the infected aread to get most treatmeants to work we went through this last year with my cat somehow she was the only one out of all the animals to get it and my friends farm had it to
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2009