Has anyone tried the home remedy for ringworm with clear nail polish?

I read that you can suffocate it with clear nail polish? HAs anyone tried this? The results? Would it be ok to use a clear nail hardener, clear flash dry nail set, or a base??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pets

• Lol and yes, the doctor was fine with it, he was a bit unconventional. But it works on pets, humans and all. However, if this is a cat you are talking about, you need to take the cat to a vet quickly, ringworm is deadly for cats and they need medical treatment asap. I lost a cat to this and it was heartbreaking. For some reason it spreads really fast in cats and becomes uncontrollable.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Either one will work fine. We have used it multiple times on my cousin who got them often and it always worked. A base or nail hardener would work, im not sure about the flash dry stuff.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my sd had that and she did have meds but to help prvent from spreding to my dd and our new born and her sister i used reg clear nail polish ( doller store ) and it made sure there was no spreading ( no one else got it ) but when your done throw it away...also bath any kids sepreatly and make sure kid changes clothes everyday and wash them before its worn again...good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Lamasil (sp) works too, it is a skin condition not really a worm. It is like Athletes foot.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i also ment to say....it works on pets just as well as kids ( got off track on that one sorry ) and if cat bring to vet just to get meds... but bunnys dogs..it works...gl
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We've always used athlete's foot cream.

Ringworm is a fungus.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Never heard of being used on Ringworm but I know it works on Chiggers!
    reagan_collum

Answer by reagan_collum at 2:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ringworm isn't a worm it's a fungus. Go get athlete's foot cream or selsun blue shampoo. Both work.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I've never heard of clear nail polish, I just used that athletes foot cream.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009