BIRTHDAY IDEAS!

my son is turing 9 soon and i need birthday ideas?
theams?
food?
presents?
games?
prizes?
gift bags yes or no?

sgmommy40

Asked by sgmommy40 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• My boys had a blast doing a "field day" birthday party. We live near a big open field, so we took tables and chairs, our bbq grill, a football, a soccer ball, and a kick ball. They had a blast playing all the different sports, we grilled hotdogs and hamburgers with chips and fresh fruit, and of course cake, and they loved it. For plates and cups we just bought blue and red paper plates and cups, and we had a cooler with sodas (for the adults) and juice boxes and gatorades for the kids. It was loads of fun, even the adults played kickball lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I love planning parties and I think if your son likes camping, you should do a outdoors camping birthday party. Probably best in your own backyard just inviting a few close kids. A lot easy to keep track of them. Of course doing all the camping things, telling stories, etc. It would be easy and cheap.
    davoucci23

Answer by davoucci23 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Base it around a sport or other thing that he likes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh, and I wouldn't do gift bags, at this age they are old enough where they don't care about gift bags. If you want to get each kid a little something, then get them a small thing that goes along with the theme of the party. For example, if you do the camping theme, you could get them each a little personal fan that squirts water to keep cool, or find little books on camping tips, etc. For a sports theme, miniature sports balls or hackey sacks are good. I would just, if anything, do one little $2 or $3 gift instead of making gift bags for everyone though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If you do a campout I have a fun scavenger hunt idea and at the end you can give them flashlights for flashlight tag.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009