Forward rolls.

Is my son just totally uncoordinated or is it normal that my almost 5 year old can no do a forward roll. It's kinda funny really. He tries and tries and just can not get his butt over his head! He's actually starting to get cranky about it. I have tried explaining and helping but nothing works. How old was your kids when they learned this? Is my son uncoordinated?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• My husband was a gymnast, he was playing around with my daughter and did a forward roll and she looked at him, shrugged her shoulders and did one. This was around 18months or younger. LOL She's just a brute. He tried to teach her a backward roll by spotting her, but it's not as easy and she doesn't really even want help--then she ends up going forward or rolling sideways. :) I wouldn't worry about it some 10 years olds can't do it!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my dd tries but she goes to the side, she's only 3 though
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Some kids can do it at that age, others can't. Just keeping working on it. Nicely. Patiently. Don't over do it. Don't push. And don't say anything to make him feel bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm not mean about it in fact I have to get him to stop because he starts getting all worked up about it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009