labor

how long did it take for the contractions to turn painfull? I was noticing something wile i was sitting for a wile then layed on my left side and now it is hurting like hell! the pain wont stop just gets worse during a contraction! is that normal? sorry this is my first

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 7:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you change positions or walk around and they are painful and start comming in a pattern then yes i would say get checked out because you could be in labor but most hospitals want you to be having contractions 5-6 min apart for an hour before you come in unless you are less than 36 weeks pregnate. good luck go move around and see if they continue.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 7:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my water broke then 30 mins later i was hurting. are you in labor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree with Abbi
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i second what abbibaileylily says... except for the part where it says if you are less than 36 weeks pregnant, i personally would get checked if my contractions were 5 min apart and i was less than 36 weeks. it may be nothing but at the same time it may be something... my SIL went into labor and delivered at 23 weeks.. healthy baby.. just really small.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• sorry i guess i wasnt clear on the 36 week part if you are less than 36 weeks and are having pains then i would go get checked immediatly so they can try and stop labor dont wait until you ar to far along this happened to me and i delivered at 31 weeks.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 7:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• oh maybe i didnt read it clearly.. long day lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Are you still hurting?
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 8:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• went into labor and now have a beautiful baby boy
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 8:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009