My 16yr old

hello ladies:

I have a question:
I have a 16yr old son. My son is very quiet, unsociable and just plain shy.My son is very shy and is always at home.
I love my son dearly but we just seem not to be getting along because he thinks he is a man. I currently live in the city, and my son is constantly nagging me and my husband to get him a bike.
Im scared s*#t of buying one for him because he wants to use this bike to go over bridges and over big and dangerous avenues. I dont know what to do. He tells me he is not a child and that he deserves one and so on. Im just so scared that sumthing might happed to him and i will never forgive myself.

Can anyone help me make a decision about this.

Its tearing me apart to see him so bored at home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• a 16 year old cant ride their bike on a bridge?? or cross the street on his own? it seems like he is STUCK at home because you won't let him out. give him some freedom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i agree with Anonymous #1 give the boy a chance if he doesnt come home when u tell him to or does something he shouldnt then take it away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• You've never let him have a bike before? He's 16...most of them are looking towards their drivers licence. Get him the bike.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• At 16 your son should be old enough to learn and follow safety rules. I would give him the bike. I think that if you don't give on the smaller stuff you might end up with a rebelious teenager. You have to learn to trust him so that he can learn to trust in himself. You only have 2 years before he's legally an adult and will be able to do anything he wants. It's probably about time to give him more freedom because while you can guide his decisions now, you won't be able to for much longer. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My son isnt stuck at home!!! He does have his freedom.. I m just iffy about this bike issue..
    Anonymous

• You can sit there and worry about all the things that can go wrong all day but in my opinion that's a waste of time and living! He does deserve some freedom unless there is a good reason not to trust him until you have a reason not to. Let him go a little mamma.
    Anonymous

• you just said he is always at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• BE GLAD THAT HE IS NOT ASKING FOR A CAR AND HIS DRIVERS PERMIT, YOU NEED TO LET GO A BIT AND LET HIM LIVE HIS LIFE.

Answer by older at 7:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well..he chooses to stay at home..He has a girlfriend and spends most of his time with her. He also loves to play basketball in the park.. I let him travel and hang out until his curfew of 9pm. Im just so petro..I dont know why im feeling like this. I guess im overprotective. IDK :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I just dont know how to let go of him..Im so scared that sumthing might happen to him.. Im a sick mama!! I think i am. This is so hard for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009