Does anyone know any good exercises?

Hey Mamas! I have four kids, all pretty close in age. At the end of each of my pregnancies I never tried to diet or exercise, so I gained a lot of weight. I don't have enough money to join a gym right now, so I was wondering if anybody knew any good exercises that could get rid of my "pouchy belly" and "love handles". Also, any good diet ideas would be great! I thank you for any help you can give!

s.a.d.k.mommy

Asked by s.a.d.k.mommy at 7:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• first of all drink lots of water, the best excercise is walking because it helps your cardiovascular, you have to walk for at least 20-30 min 2-3 times a week, I started out that way, and slowly you increase your distance, I also started riding a bike, not in place, out in the actual street, but with kids walking might be easier, don't lose hope, this method has enabled me to lose a lot of weight and still losing, downside: i have to spend money to buy new clothes, upside: you look good and feel good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Walk, swim, dance, bike, play sports such as tennis. Do curls, lift weights (even cans or bags of vegetables or water.) You may be able to find some exercise programs on TV that you can try, also.

Answer by Bmat at 7:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• high protein, low carb diet.

protein helps to build muscle, along with exercise, so as you build muscle you will also lose that unwanted fat.
    cardio is always good, so walking, maybe 30-60 minutes a day
    crunches can help but not usually the lower belly so laying on your back and lifting ur legs straight up then lowering one at a time will get u the burn that you want
    as for the obliques/loves sitting up on your knees so your calfs and thighs are 90 degress to each other and raise ur right arm and touch your left hand to the ground, do some reps of that and switch, it may not feel like much, but the next morning u'll see how it benefits when ur muscles are sore...Good Luck
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ALWAYS RECOMMEND THE ADKTINS IET, IT WORKS FAST, IT SHRINKS YOU AND IF YOU ARE A MEAT EATER, IT IS HEAVEN. DR. ADKTINS DIET REVOLUTION. AS FOR THE EXCERCISE, WALKING IS VERY GOOD, LONG DISTANCES, 6 MILES OR MORE ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE. THE DIET IS NOT ONE TO BE MADE FOR LIFE, YOUR BODY DOES NEED CARBOHYDRATES, BUT FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS YO KEEP IT TO A LOW 20 GRAMS A DAY, WHICH IS VERY LITTLE, AND IN THE THIRD WEEK YOU ADD ON MORE CARBS ACCORDING TO HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU ARE LOOSING, AND KEEP DOING THAT UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR GOAL. YOU NEED TO READ THE BOOK SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HOW THE DIET WORKS AND HOW IT CAN ALSO BACKFIRE IF YOU CHEAT EVEN ONCE, GOOD LUCK!

Answer by older at 7:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• didn't Dr. Atkins die of a heart attack because of high choleterol (due to high amounts of meat he would eat in his diet) JUST CURIOUS...THOUGHT I HEARD THAT SOMEWHERE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I also tried high protein low carb....it works different for everyone though, it shot up my cholesterol way too high I had to change my diet altogether, but that was me, it could work for you, if you do high protein have your cholesterol checked every so often, changed to a different diet but its working
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• you cannot spot reduce. You have to take off weight the way it was originally distributed which sucks but that's the way it is. Do weight training with 3-5 lb weights and build up muscle mass which will help burn fat. I do stretches and use resistance bands.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My best suggestion on helping someone to lose weight is to eat your largest meal at lunchtime, and don't eat for six hours before bedtime.

So, if you're like me, this is what your day looks like:

9am-Breakfast
    2 cups of coffee
    1 scrambled egg with spinach and shredded cheese
    1 piece whole wheat toast with butter

1pm-Lunch
    Whatever dinner was the night before, I eat for this meal. I make up a plate for myself the night before with whatever I want on it.

4pm-Snack
    I usually eat something for my snack that has been missing in the other meals. If I need fruit for the day, I'll have some along with a protein to stabilize my blood sugar. (fruit, cheese and crackers with a glass of milk is an example.)

I don't eat after 4pm because bedtime is 10pm. If I get hungry before then, I go have a cup of hot tea or two. I'm rarely so hungry that tea doesn't work!

I've lost five pounds in tw
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• in two weeks, and have 18 more to go.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• DR. ADKTINS DIED FROM A HEART ATTACK NOT RELATED TO HIS DIET, LIKE I SAID BEFORE THIS IS NOT A LIFETIME DIET AND SHOULD ONLY BE DONE FOR LARGE AMOUNTS OF WEIGHT LOSS AND NOT FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. BUT IT DEFENITELY WORKS!!!!!

Answer by older at 8:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009