craft question: would this be corny??

I'm making a cloth book for my niece (she'll be 1). well i'm still very new to the sewing machine life, but getting the hang of it. I have made some errors. I fixed an error with glitter fabric paint which made it look a lot better! the color thread i'm using is black and not all the fabric is dark. so i was thinking about covering the thread flaws (if they dont look good) with fabric paint (the squeeze-tube kind..puff paint?). would that be corny?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• No, but I would be more worried about her putting the book in her mouth with the glitter paint on it or the glitter paint coming off and winding up in her mouth.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I would just give it to her like it is. If you give it to her with fabric paint she can eat it and that ISN"T good. It will be an example of your early sewing work. :)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I guess i'm my own worst critic. I didnt seam the edges all that well. and where I applied the puff paint is in the middle of the book, so I dont think she'd chew on it.. I'm not expecting it to be a perfect present, but I dont want everyone there to think "ewww she did a terrible job"...some people are like that! yes i know... screw 'em lol but I dont want to think of this present as a "practice piece"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't do the fabric paint, as the book will go in her mouth and she will be eating the paint. Just make the book and don't worry about the flaws, She is a year old and will have no idea that there are mistakes in the book.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd be more worried about the child ingesting the paint moreso than I would be worried about the parents being horrible critics to your work.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009