is it a sign when..

your future MIL doesn't approve of you? It's been 2 years. she doesn't like her son being with me and it sucks bad. i had a baby that wasn't his. i found out when we started dating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• sign of what? so many in-laws just dont like who their child or whatever has picked as a partner.

My Bil doesnt like me a long with some of his cousins and I really dont give a crap and neither does my hubby. S just dont let it get to you. he's not married to his mom, waking up next to his mom, sleeping with his mom, etc. he does that with you so her opinion is minor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• oh whoops i meant is a sign that we shouldnt be together if she hates me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• no not a sign, I agree with the 1st response
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• no my mil hated me until after we were married and now i guess she just figures she is stuck so i would not worry about it.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 8:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My husband and I were talking about this last night actually. Neither one of us would be able to be with the other if we didn't have, at the very least, a cordial relationship. I think that it can definately add stress to the marriage, your husband in the middle. You just really need to be sure not to say anything negative to your husband about his mother. And she really needs to not say anything negative about you to him. I think that if you can have a cordial relationship at the very least it isn't so bad. But I would invite her out to coffee or something and say that you just want to talk. Tell her how much you love her son, and that being in a relationship with a child that isn't his is difficult but that you want to know that things are okay between you and her. But I know my relationship with my MIL and I am able to go to her. You could also try to involve her more. She might just be feeling that you are "stealing" cont
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 8:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• her son. If you involve her in wedding plans (asking for her opinion on things---doesn't mean that you need to agree-but she will appreciate you asking)...involve her in life decisions. If there is a meal that you really like that she makes, ask her if she could teach you...things like that. Good luck. I'm sure that things will be fine.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 8:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• This is a good question you really need to talk to her. For example when I was married my mil she did not like me at all. I always but a smile on my face, and treated her with kindness. She does love the new girlfriend. My ex and I have two sons. I do have to say it's my children Grandma. The one thing I learned is to be nice no matter what she saids. Smile and talk to her wih your boyfriend because if you both love eachother she needs to know that and tell her you are not leaving. Hang in there, and good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• whore!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Id say as long as the 2 of youse are happy, who gives a F, really? Hah
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• haha yeah thats what we said. ya kno he talked to her about it and she still doesnt agree so at least we tried right? thats all we can do. we arent gonna wait around for her to like me.

and who the ff is calling me a whore. geez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009