My blood pressure is 113 over I don't know 58 or 78.I think 113 is too low,I'm on two blood pressure medicines one is 40 mg. the other is like 5 mg but that could mean 500 or 50 in medical terms.I want to go on the 40 only and have my blood pressure be 125 or 30.The problem is I was really over weight when I started taking them.My blood pressure was 179 over some other high number.Do you think 113 is a healthy number or do you think I could cut back on my dosage?

I should say when my high blood pressure was 179,I tried the 40 and it didn't take it down, so then I had to be put on a 5 mg. pill and that got it way down but I have lost weight since then I was like 250 pnds. I just can't stand being dependent on these pills,they help alot though and I can breathe better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Health

• 120/80 is the "normal" healthy range for a BP. You are in a good range, if you are still worried, talk to your Dr. he/she knows your medical history better than anyone.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i suggest talking to your dr but mine run 109 is over 68'is
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 8:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• The average adult blood pressure "standard" is 120/80 (The 120 or "top" number is the amount of pressure on your arterial walls when your heart beats, the 80 or "bottom" number is the amount of pressure on your arterial walls in between heart beats.

HYPERtension begins with readings of 145/90 and higher. HYPOtension is generally marked at 90/60 and lower--which is indicative of the body shutting down--weather permanently (major trauma) or temporarily (fainting).

My NORMAL blood pressure is 100/70--even through my pregnancies. You're likely pressure is 113/78--which is actually VERY good considering where you started! Kudos to losing weight and lowering your blood pressure!

You should really discuss your medication and your blood pressure results with your doctor. You should become as informed as possible about your blood pressure habits, AND have your cholesterol level tested--high levels lead to heart disease/stroke
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• talk to your doctor before you do anything
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I would discuss this with my doctor before changing meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My BP runs low.. Always has. Mine runs typically in the 90s/60's range.. It's a running joke if I have a pulse or not.. TIme before last it was checked it was something like 92/58..
    Im healthy as a horse though. I exercise daily, eat well, height/weight proportional, ect. Just have blood pressure of a corpse.. lol
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009