how long did it take you?

how long and what did you do to get labor started?
Thanks ladies=)

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i had my husband stretch my cervix and he done this twice a day for about two days it was uncomfortable but it worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I just waited for nature to take its course and did nothing to try to hurry it along. Your body knows what to do. My first labor took 10 hours. Second, about 7 and third about 6. They were not too uncomfortable. The first time, my Doctor talked me into having a spinal. I didn't like it so my second and third I just had a shot. Or a tranquilizer, something that relaxed me. It was pretty easy. It helps if you know what is going to happen and you aren't scared. I looked forward to each birth. Good luck!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• WITH MY FIRST MY DOC STRIP MY MEMBRANES AT 38 WKS I WENT INTO LABOR THAT DAY
    WITH MY SECOND MY WATER BROKE AT 37 WKS BUT I DID WALK ALOT!!! HEHE
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• With my first my doc stripped my membranes at like 39, 40 and 41 weeks.. never did work for me. I ended up with a c-section over the induction because he felt I wouldn't have progressed at all with an induction and ended up with a c-section anyways.

This one.. well I am just about 37 weeks and am praying I don't go into labor before my scheduled c-section!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 9:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• first labor was 12 hours, second was 4 hours. no stripping of membranes or anything.... just nature. homebirth actually.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• wait wait and wait. DS born at 41 weeks after 6 hours of active labor. i had early labor contractions all night but didn't realize that's what it was. just didn't sleep well from crampiness. woke up, took a shower, my water broke, an hour later i was at the hospital, and 6 hours later baby was born!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009