how can my husband strech my cervix?

I read this on another question...it was an answer, but i would lie to know how MY husband can do this for MY labor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is so dangerous, mama. Leave your cervix alone. You could have cervical bruising and swelling, as well as a weakening of the amniotic sac, and a risk of infection. It's just not worth it.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 9:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ask a midwife or dr to strip your membranes, but i wouldnt recommend your hubby doing it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• LEAVE THAT TO THE DOC
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• well your cervix is the first thing he shouls come into contact with when he feels in your vigina. if your body is ready for labor at all then there should be a whole or indintion in your cervix he puts his fingers in there and spreads them apart and that streches it. also if he will push up on the baby and push your bag of water away from your cervix it will strip you membranes which will also help speed up the labor process it is uncomfortable and may make you spot some but if you are FULL term and desperate it works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Don't do that! Don't even let a doctor do that. It is unnecessary and will likely not work the way you intend. I hate to be blunt, but it makes as much sense as letting someone stretch your anus for you before you take a poop. Let labor take its course the way nature intended and you will have fewer problems.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOUR HUSBAND IS A GYNECOLOGIST!!!!!!! You could do serious damage to your body, possibly even get an infection. You could also cause your cervix to swell and that would be a very bad thing. Just let nature take it's course. Your cervix will do it's job and open when it's supposed to. If you aren't already in labor, your cervix is not ready to be open.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Don't do that! Don't even let a doctor do that. It is unnecessary and will likely not work

it worked for me my doc strip my membranes at 38 wks app and i had my baby the next morning.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• LEAVE THE CERVIX ALONE! It can cause unnecessary bruising and swelling which can cause problems during labor! DON'T TOUCH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2009