Does he have a temperature?

Hi, I am a new mommy and my 2 month old has a stuffy nose and coughing here and there. His rectal temp was 99.1 is that a temp for a 2 month infant? What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is normal I would not worry about a rectal temp until it is 101 axillary untill it was 100
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 9:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• no 100.4 rectal temp is consider a fever. your baby is fine just has a cold.actually 101 on a baby under 3 mts is bad and the will most likely be hospitalized for testing.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Nope, a rectal temp SHOULD be in the 99 range... anywhere from 98.8-99.9 would be a normal rectal temp and 100.4 would be a fever that under 3 months you should call your pediatrician about.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009