Cracked heals...

My DH gets cracked heals so extremely bad. They get so deep they bleed. I've gotten him those rock foot scrubbie things, heel cream, foot razors... Ive even gone so far as to put New Skin on his cracks just to stop the pain while he works. How Can I get his cracks to go away and make his feet better? Cause nothing seems to work for him. He always wears socks and shoes. Never sandals or anything. I just feel so bad that I cant stop the cracks. Can you offer any help? Thank you so much for all of your help

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 9:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Health

• Honestly, I would take him to a foot doc or regular doc who can prescribe something for him. Have you tried putting vaseline or aquaphor on his feet and then socks on top overnight? Not sure but call a nurse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Heres a link hope it is helpful....copy and paste then scroll down to home remedies http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Cracked-Heels.html

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Slather his feet in vaseline, wrap loosely in saran wrap and slide a sock on every night at bedtime. He will need to soak his feet and exfoliate daily. Cracks happen when too much dead skin accumulates. It is made worse by extreme cold or dry weather. Crack creme at the pharmacy can help. During the day use good old fashioned adhesive tape across them. It prevents them from spreading open and hurting more. After they are healed he should do the vaseline wrap at least several nights a week. A pedicure once a month would help a lot as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• He should make sure he washes his feet with a wash cloth every time he showers and change to Dove soap. Oh well, it's not manly, but it does wonders for dry skin. And he should lotion his feet with a really good dry-skin moisturizer or body butter EVERY DAY after showering. Or, Miracle Foot Cream works very very well. You can get it at most drug stores. It wouldn't hurt going to see a dermatologist as well. But I would try these remedies first. Don't expect an overnight miracle. It will take some consistent care to get his feet back to a healthy stage.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• before bed, put shea butter (the cheap stuff is fine) on his feet and then socks.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• every once in awhile cracked heels are due to fungus. not often but it happens. if all of your remedies are not working try having him wash his feet in dandruff shampoo and then use a lotrimin type anti-fungal foot cream.
    you may also have to treat his foot appliances for fungal spores with bleach, he is probably reinfecting himself each and everytime he uses them for cracked heels.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009