have you ever been startled badly while pregnant?

Im staying with my Mom while my Dh is away at work. She was baking chicken in the oven and decided to take a fast shower. When she got out the whole house was filled with smoke. She started yelling that something was on fire. that scared me so I ran in there. The chicken had been popping and there was no catch pan at the bottom so it was causing smoke. Well I was opening the doors to get the smoke out. My Mom started screaming and It scared the crap out of me I ran in there the pan had broken... I now have cramps... have you ever been scared so bad you got cramps? was it okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• uhm. IDK about the cramping part.
    but my father loves to startle me every chance he gets lol and I'm 36 weeks
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Nothing like scaring a pregnant lady.. what do people want, the baby to fall out!? lol

Anyways.. I haven't but if it concerns you, just call your doc, or L&D at the hospital. That's how I am.. anything that worries me, I'm on the phone! lol
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 9:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I had gotten pushed by my now ex husband when I was preggers with my little girl. It scared me and took the breath from me for a few seconds. After I did cramp for a lil bit but they went away as I calmed down. Any type of stress that the baby does not like, the baby will let you know. If you are worried about it still go get it checked just to put your mind at ease. Good luck on the pregnancy.
    KajunLuv

Answer by KajunLuv at 9:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• yeah me and my SO were extremely bored one night so we played hide and go seek and oh my goodness...he was hiding in the shower with the curtain closed and the light was off. i went in there and all a sudden he jumped out. i ran and screamed my head off!!!!! hahaha i almost started crying haha lmao now bout it but then it was scary! i think i got cramps after that. but i was fine. lol also, once. the smoke detecter went off and i was flipping shit cuz i was afraid the fire fighters wuld come (its happened before) and i was so stressed out after i was in pain. but again i was fine :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009