• In the Spotlight:

Red Cabbage(no clue where to put this

I was wondering if this really helps to dry up your milk. Also how do you use it. Thanks. The reason why I am asking is because since my baby was born I have not been able to BF due to the blood pressure medicine I have to take.

Please do not bash because I choose to take the medicine & stay alive for my child then to BF. This is really killing me inside because I can not BF her. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont bash anyone for making choices....breast feeding might be the best thing but your baby isnt going to die without it...as far as cabbage...yes i tried it....and no it doesnt stop the milk..only time does that...but what it DOES do is help the pain...put two leaves in the freezer for a bit and put them in your bra...they are the perfect shape and the cold is soothing when they hurt!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• green cabbage does the same for sore boobs too :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree- I used green- and they were sooooo sooothing! ( I kept mine in the fridge)
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 9:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• exactly..the cabbage is a great relief for engorgement when stopping bfing. Drying the milk up is really just about time, Engorgment hurts..but the more you express off the more you prolong it. Keep cagge leaves in the freezer. Change them at least every four hours. It was a godsend for me. It DOES work.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• green cabbage helps too. take it and roll a rolling pin over it to make the juices come out and stick it in your bra, it helps
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 10:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009