I need need help doing a yardsale?

what should toys go for? what should little gift items go for? What should baseball cards go for some are single some come in a pack and there are others that come in boxes ? how much should books go for? and last but not least howmuch should records and Tapes and cds go for? I never did one before or even gone to one either. so I dont know.I would really be thankful for any help at all please.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ugh, good luck. We just had a yard sale this weekend and it's no fun at all!

My toys went for 50 cents, except for some of the nicer stuff. There were a few things that were a dollar or 2. Baseball cards- a quarter, 75 cents and $1.50. On my books I sold them for 50 cents for paper backs and a dollar for hard backs. Tapes for 50 cents. Records and CD's, a dollar.

Those are just estimates. If they're real nice you could probably go a little higher. Good luck! I hope you sell out!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Usually, unless it is something a collector would look for - everything should go for 10% of what it was originally bought for when brand new.
    wildprairierose

Answer by wildprairierose at 9:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• baseball cards 10cents? 25 cents? toys 50 cents one dollar? books 25 for soft cover 50 for hard cover [in cents lol] tapes and cds. i'ld say a dollar or more. records.. about 10 dollars possibly, its hard to get them now. or u can sell them for $5

every little cent counts xD

good luck!
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I had one last weekend. Friday morning things were going for a few dollars. Saturday afternoon you could fill your car for a few bucks. If you want to get rid of your stuff price it low. Once people realize they are getting a deal they'll buy alot more.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• don't sell baseball cards at a yard sale, unless you know for sure they are not worth a lot of money.
    ibeamomysomeday

Answer by ibeamomysomeday at 10:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• what should toys go for?

Toys should be priced by size and condition.  Ex. any mcdonald's type toys, put in a bin for 5-10 cents each.  Stuffed animals and things like this, for about 50 cents (unless they aren't in good condition, then 25 cents).  Puzzles and games for about 75 cents to a dollar.  toys, like toddler riders, between 4-8 dollars, pending on the condition.  Basically, just look at the toy, and say to your self, what would I pay for this at a yard sale.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• what should little gift items go for?

this would depend on what it is.. most of this stuff I see however goes from 10 cents up to 3 dollars, and again, it depends on the size and condition of it.  Examples :  a set of candle holders.. unless they are real gold or crystal, then I would sell then for 25-50 cents, a large living room painting I would probably sell for around 5-10 dollars.

What should baseball cards go for some are single some come in a pack and there are others that come in boxes ?

These you may be better off selling via auction or ebay to really get your moneys worth out of them, but if you just want to get them out of the house you can look online for price ranges on places like e-bay, and sell them for about 50% of what they are going for on e-bay (it's a yard sale, and they won't go for much more than that)

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• how much should books go for?

I won't buy a book that is 50 cents or more. I normally buy them at 25 cents each.  a great deal to have as well is to sell them 25 cents each or 5 for a dollar.

and last but not least howmuch should records and Tapes and cds go for?

records I would go over like the baseball cards..

tapes-10 -25 cents each.. and cds-(pending on condition) for 50 cents to a dollar.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• thank you so musc to all you moms . I was so glad to recieve all your help.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2009