does anyone else know someone or is a mother who had a baby with gastroschisis?

Im really scared for my baby, it just sounds so aful that she has to be rushed to surgury and i cant even hold her or see her first. I also have never had a baby before and the doctor is telling me i have to have a c section. i have never had surgury and am super scared to but cut open like that!

cumminsoonindec

Asked by cumminsoonindec at 9:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hugsi've never experienced either but i will keep you and the baby in my prayers....she should be okay and you'll do fine, a c-section is what's best for her, just try to think of it that way

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My cousin was born with it in 1982 and that was before U/S were used during pregnancy. They had no idea she had it until my aunt delivered her and her intestines were all outside her body. They rushed her to the children's hospiis tal and she was in there for quite a while. She is now 27 and is perfectly healthy:)

A lady that I babysat for found out in 1997 that her unborn daughter had it also but this was thru an u/s. So she delivered by c-section at the children's hospital, they pulled Faith out and put a sterile bag around her intestines to protect it. Her mom had been told there was the chance of her needing up to 3 surgeries to place her intestines back in but they all fit on the first surgery:) She was in the hospital for 3 weeks and then went home!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Hey don't worry baby and you should be fine. I had a c section and my daughter was fine. My fiance was born with gastroschsis and he's 22 now and fine. and they have come out with a lot better technology than they had back then. just keep breathing we are worried our baby will have it and the only hard part about that is the fact that i also have a cleft lip and pallet. so i'm a little worrie that something could go wrong the baby would end up with both or something. other than that as long as the baby don't have any other health problems i would say it will be fine.

C-Sections are a breeze. well it was for me anyway.
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 11:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009