being to fat to be on bc pills?...

is it ture that bc pills have a weight limit?.....like if ur over it they wont work as good or at all??? are all pills like that?

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 9:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• being too dumb to get a response?

they dose you based on weight DUAH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• this is a new one on me and I study hormones and birth control etc. What I do know is associated with weight is it tends to be more difficult to get pregnant the more obese you are. As for birth control not working, I've not read anything on that. I guess it would depend on the type of birth control too though because estrogen is stored in fat cells, which is why it is more difficult to conceive with added weight. You got me wondering now. I'm anti BC for myself personally though.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ANON I DONT THINK MY DOC DID i got the impression he wants me to have more kids ok im just asking a question if you dont want to answer it dont bother makeing a rude commet
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i don't understand why some ppl have to be so mean and rude in answering questions.....at least have the guts to state who u are....no wonder u answer anonymously...no guts
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• cat1612 im fat and i have two kids i have friends who are bigger then me and they have more kids then me so im not to sure on the whole fat thing and not being able to get pregnant....just my opinion though...and i was told once by my old doc that if i gained more weight that id have to switch to a different form of bc cuz i was over the weight limit i just wonder if all pills are like that and right now im on ortho tri cyclen low and am wondering what the weight limit is or if this pill has one
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm sure a doctor would prescribe the correct pill and dosage for the patient

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have read a few times that YES, when you are bigger birth control does not work as well sometimes..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• it may have something to do w/ bc CAUSING U TO GAIN MORE WEIGHT.maybe the doc is looking out for u
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 3:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009