Chase dumped my credit card account...what to do about charges already made?

Chase dumped my credit card account, which was in good standing (balance paid off each month, the card was never maxed out,etc). Anyhoo, I had previously used the card to reserve a hotel room, and the hotel has already charged the card.

I'm thinking about booking a different (and better) hotel. How do I get a refund on a credit card when the account has been closed?

I'm really pissed at Chase for doing this. Apparently, it has happened to thousands of others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• It has also happened to me as well. Call Chase and bitch at them they did this so they have to fix it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• After you figure out what Chase has done, you need to call the hotel. It's going to be up to them as to whether you get a refund or not. Some hotels will refund everything if you give them an advanced amount of time, some will give you a partial refund, and some none at all. Good luck.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• You need to call Chase and the hotel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Citibank sold my account to Bank of America. Everything just continued on with Bank of America, but we got new numbers/cards. You are dealing with two separate problems. You may not be able to switch to another hotel and get a refund in the first place. Do you have another credit card?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OP

I am eligible for a refund. That was something I made sure of before I booked the hotel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Why on earth would they drop a credit card in good standing? When's the last time you looked at your credit report?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OP

makelineerror: My credit report is fine...I just checked it a month ago. Chase dumped THOUSANDS of accounts in good standing. There's something shady going on, and there's talk of a class action lawsuit. Google it. You'll see story after story of good customers getting their accounts closed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009