I so want to start screaming

so my DH tells me that we only have $70 to get what we need for the week..well we have to get pampers, wipes, groceries because we've been out for awhile now and I mean out of groceries,we got to put gas in the car and we need to get the basic like toilet paper, paper towels well I hope u all get it by now..any who so I tell him their is no way that we should just get a cash advance for a 100.00 dollars and they will only charge us like 16.00 so he is like we are not getting a cash advance and he stood by his word so after arguing all day I went to the store bout the babies stuff spent 78 and still was not able to buy any food so I tell him u think that I was talking B.S. take a look for ur self..well sorry I just need it to get all of it out of my chest..comment if u all like

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• where do you live? i can so get by on $70 a week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i could get by on $70... if i bought generic brand everything and also lots of ramen :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• girly i completely understand. our finances aren't the best right now either being that our bundle pachage for our internet, cable and phone is two months behind but that didn't stop my hubby from going to the sturgis rally for three days with his mom and step dad. while i sit at home with our girls. don't get me started on that, lol. i already posted a Q&A wondering if i should be as pissed at him as i am.
    any way i hope everything works out
    bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 10:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• well maybe I should clarify that is not $70 for a week is for 2 weeks until he gets pay again and I cant buy cheap diapers because my kids have extremely sensitive skin and I can't just buy any soaps and other things that are cheaper for the same reason that my kids have super dry and sensitive skins and I live in Florida..
    curls_tampa

Answer by curls_tampa at 10:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• check second hand shops, craigslist and freecycle for cloth diapers and covers.

for groceries, dried beans and lentils, brown rice, frozen veggies, whole wheat pasta, whole grain bread and tortillas.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I use coupons! I could get by in a MONTH with just $70! Its AMAZING what using coupons can do for you and your family!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 2:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I know the feeling. But it is possible to get by. Check you local churches for help with diapers and such. Heck, I made for 2 weeks on 50 bucks. My youngest of 3 has a dairy allergy, buying food is always a problem. Apply for food stamps, wic, what ever you can.
    I make my own soaps. Which is great and so much cheaper then buying soaps. I control what goes into them.
    My boys have very sensitive skin as well.
    Good luck :)
    glittersteph

Answer by glittersteph at 3:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I understand how you feel. I have a 2 year old son and 5 month old daughter, both of them in diapers. Diapers are very expensive. I recently started working from home to make some extra money for my family and for myself.. I felt bad asking my husband for money. Men don't realize how expensive babies are.
    I work with a great team for Internet CEO Moms. We're helping people create income from home.
    No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just a A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    Visit me at :
    www.internetceomoms.com/ecarrillo
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That is rough. Besides cloth diapers, cloth wipes are much cheaper. Cut up an older towel into six inch squares and use those like washcloths as wipes. Everything gets dumped into the diaper pail and washed together. Or there's a way of making your own wipes from Bounty towels. You cut the roll in half across the roll so you have two short rolls, take the tubes out, pull from the center, put it into a waterproof container, and pour a solution of warm water, baby shampoo and mineral oil onto the roll. Close the lid to keep it wet. I don't remember the proportions. Think it's one cup water, 2 Tab. oil and 1 Tab. shampoo. We also use rags instead of paper towels and I made cloth napkins from remnant fabric. I don't have any solution for the TP though. As far as food is concerned, beans are a good way to go. Check out Hillbilly Housewife. Hope this helps.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 11:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009