how often do your hubbies help out around the house?

it seems like i have to always ask and i'm tired of always asking, i just wish sometimes he can see that im really tired and do the supper dishes or mow the grass without me always having to remind him. are all men like this? does it get better or worse. this is really my first marriage. and i've had bigger problems, but i just am really tired of it and i swear he acts twelve, instead of 27.

mamamia431

Asked by mamamia431 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• nnneeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr helps gets mad when I ask him for help then throws a fit when I didnt do something he asked me! Assssessss all men are giant assess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that. My husband was always a really clean, tidy person. So if I don't clean up fast enough, he'll do it. :) I guess it's all about personality and how you were raised.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• lol anon.... my dh helps when he's not working alot of over time... this week i havne't asked for help (even though i'm about to have my baby any day now & have a 3 y/o too) but he has worked 70 hours this week so, no i don't ask.. he's good about cutting the grass & we had to clean out the fish tank but i can't lift it so he did all that and then cleaned the bathtub after he did the tank
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My husband works full time. I am blessed and get to stay home. I do pretty much all the cleaning. He does yardwork, home repair stuff and once in awhile he wants to cook :)
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my hubby helps me most of the times......and i love him for it.......but sometimes when i ask him he tells me that he's too tired and i try to understand but it still upsets me, cuz we both work and spend the same amount of time at home.....but he's pretty good most of the times
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• we kind of have an arrangement right now so I don't get pissy. He does a few basic things a day (like trash out) and per week (lawn mowing) and then on one of his days off a month I keep the kids out of his hair for a few hours and he does a big honey do list of fixing, lightbulbs, moving heavy stuff, hanging photo and whatnot. He works well from a list... like a sense of accomplishment. He doesnt even care if there's 50 things on it... he wants to get it done quickly as possible for praise & feedback, lol..
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Daily, no matter big or small, he always finds some way of helping me out! =]
    He works all day & i stay @ home so there isnt too much to do but he still helps me with our son & doing dishes
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 10:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My husband and I am of an older generation where the man does not do housework. I even do the yard work. He will take out the trash maybe once or twice a month. I work full-time also.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 10:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Husband is very particular so he does the laundry and dishes and yardwork. I do the other stuff.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My husband helps all the time. That is because when we got married The very first day in our apartment I ask him to help and told him we both live here so we both will do the work, we are partners. I keep the house clean so when I need help he is there.
    "It is important to point out you are partners from the very being"
    My dad never helped out my mother and I said I do not want that, I want something different and I got it:>)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2009