How can I explain this to her? Kinda cute...

Well my DD is 2 and she has a small puppy that nibbles (not hard) when you play with her. Well I guess she nibbled a little too hard today so my DD asked her if she needed a time out. Obviously the dog didnt answer, and nibbled again. So my DD put her in the time out spot and the dog left lol. After my DD trying unsuccesfully about 5 times she ran to me screaming..."mommy Lola wont stay in time out, she is a bad girl!!!" I had to giggle a min.

But how do I explain to her that dogs wont stay in time out??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would tell her that puppies are like tiny babies, they dont understand that much.

Tell it will take the puppy a long time to understand how to behave and you have to teach them differently than you teach her.

Tell her in her own kid language of course.

cute. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Um. Maybe tell her time out is for children, not puppies. lol! =D I guess she thought if it worked for her then surely it would work for the puppy!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• have her help you "teach" the puppy to "stay". keep her involved. Even with puppys the get a sort of time out for acting up, because they are told to go lay down.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• That is a good thought. Learn to train the dog and have her help you. That would do wonders for everyone's growth.

Gswifey747

Answer by Gswifey747 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• LoL! That's cute. I have a story from the other day. We don't have any animals but we were watching our neighbor's puppy for the week because they were at the beach. Well "kimmy" was over here the one evening and I was on my hands and knees playing with her the night before making her bark and jump at me and I would jump at her (you know, at least I hope I'm not totally crazy lol) So the next night Adrianna (2 year old) was doing the same thing I was. Well Kimmy bite her finger. Not hard at all but I think it scared her. So she's crying and keep pointing at Kimmy saying " I bite chooooo Kimmy, I bite you!!" It was SO funny. She was so upset with the first "you" that she couldn't even say it and it was so long and drug out. She still talks about it lol.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ohhhhh, THat's a good idea. I agree, have her teach the puppy to "stay". 1. it keeps her involved and 2. it teachs the puppy that the child is in charge so you don't have any dominance issues as the puppy gets older.

My daughter looooves to give the dog his treat. She'll scream at him to "sit down" and he just looks at her, eyeing the treat. So I'm working with them so no he'll sit when he sees the treat, but not for her saying it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009