Whats calic and how does your baby get it and how do you get rid of it?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• colic is when a baby doesnt stop crying and you cant figure out why... i dont know if there is a surefire blanket statement to cure it you just need to find what works for you baby
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I got this out of the dictionary. A condition of unknown cause seen in infants less than three months old, marked by periods of inconsolable crying lasting for hours at a time for at least three weeks.

It is no fun

Some people think tummy issues cause colic some people do not think anything causes it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• yes some say its tummy issues so they advice people to stay away from gassy foods if breast feeding and to burp baby while he/she is on their tummy to help relieve the pain. even gas drops.

Some say there is no cause, as mentioned above and you just have to tuff it out until your baby grows out of it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My son had it for 8 months. We almost went insane. Switched formulas over and over, tried everything. There was no cure, one day, it vanished.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My little Chloe had colic. we could find anything other than Dewees Carmenitive (sp?) its at the pharmacy. Behind the counter, You have to ask for it. It works wonders. Incase it might be that she/he needs to go potty and they cant it helps with that as well
    MrsCrain0409

Answer by MrsCrain0409 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 'colic' is the medical term for 'we don't know what's wrong, but he sure cries alot'. mine had it til about 7 months, turned out to be reflux, he is now on meds and perfectly fine.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Are you from Bahstan? LOL
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• well i was told it was gas am hispanic so mom grama and all other ladys in fam who have had a baby give you their two cents and then some so i tryed mylecon warm water just 1oz to be exact rubbing her belly clock wise making sure she burped after every feeding and the pooh bear products am sure youve seen them in the baby isel oh and little tummys for gas and gripe so hope any of this help oh also streching her legs out to get the gas out
    nanysmommy

Answer by nanysmommy at 1:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• People say colic is unexplained tummy ache. But I believe that there is always something that is causing a baby to be in pain. For mine, it took a while to find out that she was lactose intolerant. I breastfeed, and I tried eliminating different foods from my diet for a couple days to see what the results were. I finally found out that is was milk. I switched to a "Rice Milk" cut out chocolate, ice cream. Cheese and yogurt are still ok since they are pasteurized, and now that my little one is taking some formula once or twice a day too, I use the formula for "babies with lactose or cow's milk allergies". Also, try something called "Gripe Water", it's an all herbal liquid that helps soothe gassy babies, it works a lot better than mylicon drops, etc. They have this in all pharmacies.
    ARoseisaRose1

Answer by ARoseisaRose1 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009