Babies with reflux ?

When did all the spit up stop for you all. The doctor told us that usually 6 months, sometimes up to 12 months but it should be done by they time she is 18 months. I was just wondering when it stopped for your babies.

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 10:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 12 months but I used infant gaviscon at 3 months that was my miracle powder that I put in babies bottle every feed. I loved it.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Does ur baby take zantac?
    kirsty_mcgrail

• yes she takes zantac and that stopped all the crying but not the spit-up.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Infant gaviscon is only available in the uj. U can buy it online and give the box to your doc and she will advise u on how to use it. My daughter stopped using it when she was 1 but at 3 months she stopped throwing up completely and she stopped crying
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Thanks Kirsty Mcqrail, I will talk to my doctor about it. I am just really tired of all the spit-up. I am sure it is no fun for my daughter either. I can not hold her when I leave for work after I dress because I only have so much work clothes. She just gets a kiss on the check .
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I know what u mean! My daughter threw up like 5 times every feed, I literally had 100 of sets of clothes to last me a week. My doc never believed me about her having gerd or reflux until I brought her in one day screaming and she threw up 10 times in her office including once all over her. I was so happy she did because then she referred me to a specialist. I went to england on vacation and found infant gaviscon and it was a miracle didnt even need to see the specialist.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my dd had it because she was born preemie and she had a hole in her stomach that complicated it she took zantac and something else can't remember which it was 5 years ago
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Reglan would help with the spit up (in addition to the Zantac) but it might make her cranky. My son had silent reflux which is even worse than regular reflux (the spit up comes up to the throat and just go straight back down instead of coming out the mouth so it burns 2x instead of once) He did great after being put on both those meds for awhile but we ended up switching to Prilosec.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• screw the prescription drugs for babies. I used Colic Calm. It is all natural and works better than any prescription. You can order it online at www.coliccalm.com.
    snugglybuggly

Answer by snugglybuggly at 2:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• colccalm doesnt do n e thing for reflux at all. At least not with my daughter, I tried this first but my daughter has gerd ad reflux and it was severe.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009