ok can u take motrin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• While pregnant?

I would seriously advice against it. It's ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is a no-no while pregnant. Take tylenol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have no tylenol, Its 10 pm and the gas station is closed and I am about to put a nail thru my temple. I cant stop crying it hurts that bad, im 36 weeks and only have motrin or excedrin in my home, I NEVER get headaches, and I need to do something It hurts so bad I cant sleep!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Drink some water and massage your temples, face and neck :) And try not to stress, it'll make it worse. And also ice or a warm compress may work for you. Hope you feel better!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Are you near a hospital? It sounds like a migraine to me! I would go to the ER for treatment because it will probably only get worse.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• drink water, sorry. you can do whatever you want but tylenol is the only medication safe for your baby
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• But no:( You cant take Motrin either! Its pretty shitty. Call your OB, maybe they will have some advice. When this happened to me in my 1st pregnancy I called the OB and they asked if I had any vicodin, I did from a previous surgery, so she told me to take that.

I am NOT advising you to take a vicodin, my point is that the OB might be able to help you over the phone
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i took motrin at least once while i was preg...just take it. nothin will happen
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Nothing happened to YOU, you can't tell someone to do so because of that. Everyone is different, sheesh. They say Tylenol for a reason!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Once is not going to kill your baby. I took it a couple of weeks ago, without thinking. I was at my moms and reached for the bottle of Advil and popped two for my headache. Then I realized what I did and was like OMG! I didn't even think about it. Still, I'd drink coffee first and see what happens.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• No motrin. With a headache that bad I'd call the doctor. Could be a sign of high blood pressure. At the very least your doctor could tell you something safe to take. You can take Excredin if it is the "tension" headache kind with no aspirin. You can also try a warm bath, or a warm compress on your neck and shoulders. Or even an ice pack on your head. I do that whenever I have a headache during pregnancy instead of taking meds. Definitely call your doctor though. What about a grocery store? don't you have any that are open 24 hours? Or a pharmacy?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009