This is a question for all Christians

Please no bashing....My family and I have been going to the same church for 14 years now. Hubby and I were married there and all 3 children were baptized there. However, we've never felt like we fit in. It's almost like Highschool and each little group has their own "clique." Anyway, we're considering leaving to find a new church, but this is really stressful for me. Would you leave behind a church that you've been a part of for so long and find a new one, or just stick it out where you are? The joy just isn't there anymore. How would you go about telling your Pastor that you're leaving? Thanks for any advice.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it is so sad the we as Christian's have individual clic's among our congregations. We as Christians are suppose to love one another. Our church is going through this right now as we speak. The sad part is there are certain clic's in our church who are not fond/happy with our pastor and it has caused me to be judgemental against people I normally respected. When I first came to my church I came back because everyone made me feel very comfortable (including the pastor) and it just felt like home. The pastor's influence is why I accepted my savior into my life!
    If I were you, no I would not leave your church home, your family's church home, because of other influences. You have evey right to be there just as they do and as my pastor has preached in the past, ' If you have to leave the church to find something suitable for you, then you are not hearing the word that is being preached."
    CoffeeBean01

Answer by CoffeeBean01 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I say leave the church. I left my old church to find a new one that made me happy. IMHO, if you aren't in the right church for you and your family, your faith could begin to fade and you could stop going altogether. It's very very important to feel accepted :) May I ask what denom you are?
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh and I don't know about all Pastors, but my old church was so annoying about keeping people and they would almost BRIBE you to stay. My new church's Pastors, I think would be accepting and understand that their church isn't for everyone. So I think that all depends on how forceful your Pastor is. LOL
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Every church I have been to has the cool group who only talk to eachother. I would schedule a meeting with your pastor. Tell him everything you said here. Then see what he has to say. It seems you have alot of history there to just leave. In the meantime maybe you could check out some churches.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• yes leave, I did the same thing about 19 left my childhood church and love the new Southern Baptist church I attend just say you need to for personal reasons rather not say. mail it to them and move on ... You need to grow too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I would pray and ask God what He would have me do. If this isn't the church for you then you will get a peace about leaving it. Do you feel that you are growing spiritually there? Don't go by if you feel that you fit into a group because that is not what going to church has to be.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 10:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• What is most important is the church you attend teaching the truth or a lie. If you have read the letters to the churches in revelation do you see yourself .
    meagain_age55

Answer by meagain_age55 at 7:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Thanks for the answers guys. You've helped me feel better about things..God Bless !!!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009