DF just decided that he doesnt want any more kids...WTF do I do?

We are not married, we have one son together who is one. The entire time we have been together (4 years) we have talked about kidS (at least two) He was even telling me to quit giving my friends baby stuff because we needed to save it for the next one.
Now out of nowhere, he is telling me that he only wants the one we have. Mainly because of financial reasons but doesnt he realize that we are young and some day we will be more financially stable? I dont know what to do! Call off the wedding or wait for him to come around??? I have always wanted three kids! I am devastated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I would drop the subject for now. Some men feel that they are wholly responsible for being the head of the family and making sure that their family is well taken care of especially financially. And he may feel as though, you all would suffer with another child. Or maybe you could bring it up and try and at least compromise to think about it again when you are well off financially. Good luck to you!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ...i am sure he will come around when you are financially stable. why rush having kids when your biological clock isnt ticking?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree with tangleball
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• hes probably just wrapped up in having a son .i think hell eventually want more kids.maybe itll happen on the honey moon.if not get him with the birthday sex lol.liquor and love always mix good lol.just tryna make u feel better.i hp everything works out though.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'd just wait until the economy is better and then discuss it again

Answer by admckenzie at 11:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• lol sounds like my house.. cept my hubby is pressing me for more kids and i refuse to have more then 1 child.. i said MAYBE 2 (he wanted 4) but after 1 i decided nope im done one is it
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I say with the world being like it is, be happy you got one, and dont be selfish by bringing another child into this world of sickness and terror
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Make sure you reach a total agreement or compromise BEFORE you get married. You'd really hate it if you got married and 5 years from now you wanted another and he said no... you wouldn't appreciate it either, if you'd longed for something your whole life and the one person you're supposed to have faith in their support doesn't help you achieve the goals you've set. You don't want to long for that the rest of your life.

Let him know that is a goal you have set, and you're not going to bend on it. If he doesn't like it, he will either change his mind, or you'll find someone who will appreciate you and the fact that you want to have his baby!

Went thru this over marriage, not children, with my now DH. It took me leaving him and cutting all ties for him to change his mind.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009