Could you settle?

I've known my boyfriend for about six months now. It's getting serious, we love each other. The only fault I see us having is that he only wants four (mine plus three more)kids. I've always said I want AT LEAST five kids. I feel like it could get to the point of marriage and then kids...I understand that it's the difference of one baby, but I'm not sure I could get over that. I don't want to put all my time and effort into this and then this one thing change my plans...Would you settle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• after 2 you might not even want 4 so ya know it depends ... i'd stay with him if that's the only problem you have
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I think that if the question of 4-5 kids is the biggest question you have you have a keeper on your hands. If he says he wants 4 kids odds are that he will change his mind once you get to 4 or you will lol. And unless you are planning on triplets you will have awhile to discuss it. I wouldnt drop him for this one issue but that is just me.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree with PP, you might find that later on your hopes and dreams change, the economy the way it is would make it very hard to afford 5 children, and it sounds like this is a pretty good man considering he will except your child as his own, ALSO, it could be the other way around, he could change HIS mind later and decide that he wants MORE children. I guess you have to ask yourself whats more important, love and a good role model for your son now, and your future children, or a future that's not necessarily out there for you?

Who knows, he might be "the one" and you let him go over a child that doesnt even exsist yet?

You can wait around waiting for MR.r\Right, and that man may NEVER come, and here you lost your chance...

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree that he may change his mind!
    Having one child is much different than having 2, or even 5! Maybe after a couple months of sleepness nights after baby #1, you could both re-evaluate a little bit and have a better understanding of how a new baby would be PLUS 4 other kids..
    having children can usually bring people together &i think youll both come to an understanding together..
    so yes, ide definetly settle!
    u can't get much better than an awesome, excited, and loving Daddy!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i agree with the others about him maybe changing his mind down the road (or you changing yours)..
    my SO only wanted one or two. I always wanted 4! lol. i would tell him that i don't know if it will work out if he only wants one or two, and he would get really down/sad because he really wanted to be with me. i told him that we can't be set on a number of kids, and we should be happy with what we end up with but this is what i always dreamed and i would hope its an option, but by the time i have a couple i might be done... but i never wanted just one, and prob not two. i come from a big family, he doesn't.
    we have one angel in heaven... and i think we are compromising on 3 more (hopefully all 3 living)
    he seems to want a few 'rugrats' , as he puts them . but i guess we will see.
    but yea if that is your only thing...'settle' :)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have 5 kids. It is not easy. Why the number 5? I would not let something like this ruin a relationship. You don't have a crystal ball. You never know how your mentality can change once in a relationship. Just go about you life and see what happens.

If you are really really stuck on 5 then don't be with someone who wants different things.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009