Anyone have intercourse BEFORE your 6 weeks post partum check up?

I am 3 weeks post partum and last night my husband and I had intercourse. It wasn't intentional or planned but it happened.

I was really sore afterwards but i feel fine today. We're not planning on it happening again and we promised each other to practice more self control, LOL.

But what I'm concerned about is whether or not it could cause any problems and also how likely is it to ovulate within 3 weeks of giving birth if your exclusively breastfeeding?

***I KNOW THAT BF should not be used as a form of birth control but I also know that research shows the majority of women who exclusively BF have suppressed ovulation for the first 6 months.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone who was exclusively breastfeeding (no bottles, no pacifiers, etc.) ovulated soon after giving birth.

And if you had sex early did it cause any problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt wait and i wasnt on any form of bc at the time i was only about 4 weeks post and i was TRIPPIN till i had my period i told him omg i think im pregnant and then the next day it came thank god.....yeah u gotta be safe i know the whole in the heat of the moment but u just got to stop and wrap it lol....we went and bought condoms till i was back on bc no more kids for us at this moment
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I had sex all the time and it was only like 2 weeks. I know I was supposed to wait but I couldnt and didnt get prego either.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• we continued our normal sex routine 10 days Post baby
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well, there is a reason for waiting 6 weeks. You pushed a human child out of your vagina - LOL. But I didn't wait with my first and got pregnant while EBF at 4 weeks PP. :S
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ya i was breast feeding only, nothing else and i started my period about 2 months after that. I had sex for the first time just a few weeks after I had my first child. Not to sound gross but after having a kid you have to make sure that you SO is clean..you can get a yeast infection if he is not. If you are fine now then I dont think that its a big deal. i was the same way...but like i said if you two still are having sex make dang sure he is clean.
    luvinmom87

Answer by luvinmom87 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Yeah I did and my son a few months later!!
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• if u want to lol! just protect yourself you are mad fertile right now
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We had sex 3 weeks post partum and we got PG again at 5 wks PP and had our girls less then 10 months apart.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• well it took me 5 years to get pregnant at all so i was not 2 worried bout it.. and no birth control and sex after 10 days and no baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• yes, i had sex before was suppossed to. No additional baby came out of that.

Baby #1 was all breast, period came at 6m.
    Baby#2 is all breast, she's only 3m. No period still, just waiting.

I had bleeding issues with the first. I bled for about 12wks. I am kinda convinced it from intercourse. With this baby, my bleeding stopped around 4wks.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2009