Does this sicken you the way it does me??

Earlier tonight there was a question posted asking to find other women from a certian religion... And out of all the answers posted I would say 98%+ were simply bash post about that religion. I was honestly upset by the hate I was seeing. Now, as many of you know, I am always in this section. And I know many of you are as well. But to see so many gang up on one person simply because of her path truely sickens me!

So, here is my quesiton. When you see someone being bashed because of their beliefs how does it make you feel? Do you feel better because they feel worse? Or does it bother you? How do you feel about those doing the bashing? And what do you do about it?? Are you someone that is willing to step in or do you stand back because "it's not your problem"?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I stand up for them. Usually, I get bashed in return or am accused of "siding with the enemy." I side with no one but Jesus Christ who died for us all and wants none of us to battle with one another (Ephesians 6:12). Those (Christians specifically) who battle with people of other faiths are missing the point, wasting their time and missing out on peace in their lives :-)

I agree with you, it makes me feel sick when I see it. If you don't like a post, move on!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Thank you for sticking up for me, just wanted to meet other JW mommies. I didnt expect to get bashed like that. I dont know what I was thinking, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I do not agree with bashing another's beliefs. I will stand up for those who are being bashed, even if the bashers are of my own belief.
    I WILL voice my disagreement with the Bashers and let them know where I see them to be in error.I may even bash back but I never bash their religious beliefs but rather the manner in which they voice them and the INDIVIDUAL themselves. Sadly, some grossly misinformed people will take any disagreement with their behavior as "bashing their beliefs"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I asked a similar question about the ganging up upon because in another post, the mother then said, "Fine, I'll go kill myself!" Which I took very seriously as she had a young kid and you never know someone's mental state. The cruelty has to stop whether you agree or not with someone's beliefs. Just DON"T ANSWER THE QUESTION. It's irresponsible to behave so poorly. Some are really needing help.

The bashing is just mean and it makes other girls feel better I guess, it is sick. I agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Personally I hate to see anyone being bashed for anything to do with personal beliefs (unless they are harmful to others or themselves), sexuality, race, age, etc. It's horrible to see how close-minded and rude the world has become. My mom didn't raise me to be intolerant and I never will be. But I find online, sometimes, it isn't worth it to get involved because some people are very persistent on making others feel like scum and will stop at no cost to continue doing it. I usually just report people.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• OMG! Someone got bashed for asking if anyone else was a JW? Anon, I'm terribly sorry. That is incredibly rude!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I saw that question and it made me sad. I didn't answer it because I really didn't want to fuel the fire for the bashers. It's sad that someone has to use a post like that to spread hate and lies. Sometimes I will step in depending on the situation, but that particular question just seemed to be going nowhere fast. I think it's pathetic to use situations like that as an opportunity to spread hatred. The people that bash like that are cowards.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Depends on who is involved. In this particular case it's some unfortunate mommy who had no idea what she was stepping into and didn't realize she'd be attracting all the resident sharks who keep forgetting to take their meds. Nobody should ever be treated like that without warning. On the other hand, when those same resident trolls start baiting and flaming with their multiple accts, they reap what they sow.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• thats ok tangleballlover, i kinda feel bad for them that that's the only way they can get their kicks. God sees it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Sabrina I think you already know how I feel. It sickens me when anyone is bashed for anything... it be religion, race, where you live you name it.
    Thats just saying it simply :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009