could it be a false negative?

I'm just curious if there are any moms out there who took a pregnancy test, had a negative result,but found out later that they were in fact pregnant. My period is only 1 day late, but I "feel" pregnant. I've been telling my husband for a whole week that I think I am. Now that I'm late, it sort of confirms it for me, but I took a test today and it said I wasn't.

ginger813

Asked by ginger813 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband's cousin had two false negatives and she went to her doc for a blood test at 7 weeks and it was positive. So my advice, go to your doc for a blood test :0)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• it could just be too early. i would wait a few days and test again. it sucks to wait i know haha. but also, i would try not to think bout it too much or your body will make you think your pregnant. ive done that a few times then i get heartbroken when i find out im not :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• The over the counter pregnancy tests are testing for the hormone HCG. The amount of this hormone in your body will almost double each day during the first and second trimesters of a pregnancy. A none pregnant female will have a very low level of this hormone <2.0 . The urine stick test will detect levels as low as 20. 0. The most concentrated (first morning voided urine) will have the highest value of HCG. I suggest trying the test again in 2 to 4 days and doing it first thing in the morning. If you are more then 14 days late with a negative urine test, you need to have the doctor order the serum HCG . Good Luck!
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 11:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2009