Does anyone have family like this?

Okay my Grandparents are rich and so is my Aunt(moms sister). My Mom and I have always been middle class not poor but not well off either. My Grandma always favored my Aunt over my mother, as well as My Aunts kids over my Moms. So Ive never been close with any of them because they like to make a big deal out of my less than brand new designer clothes. I dont dress awful but I dont have to dress up everyday to be happy with myself either. Well Im helping my Mom move so yesterday we stopped by my Grandparents house. Only my Grandpa was home no one else cause my Aunt, Grandma, Cousin(aunts daughter) and cousins two daughters went shopping and to lunch. As usual Mom nor I got an invite. I'd been packing all day and cleaning so I was wearing a t-shirt and some jeans. nothing fancy to clean in. well they all walked in and were freaking out over my lack of nice clothes. Well My cousin was wearing mini shorts, a tank top (contd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That was like 4 sizes to small for her, With No bra so her nipples were sticking out! I was appalled that they were making a big deal out of my working clothes… THAT FIT ME.. While she was sitting there in clothes way to tiny for her with her fat and boobies out for the world to see. Is it just me or is this backwards? Well then she was making a big deal out of me and DH going to live with my Mom to help her out for a while. Saying she needs to not let us move in we need our own place yadda yadda!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well she and her TWO kids are staying with her mom right now in her mothers 2 bedroom house that she lives in with her DH. There is NO room and she isn’t helping her Mom. Then they all started agreeing. I was so angry! My Mom has a 3 bedroom home. Im pregnant no kids til December! (:D:D:D:D:D:D) and she is saying all this about me… then my Grandma started in on how im a baby and shouldn’t be having kids yet and I should have waited. When My cousin got knocked up at 16! Im 21 BTW… I was like atleast im of legal age and married! Ugh what would you have done? Do you have family like this? It pisses me off that they are like that toward My Mom and I… Why do you think they are?
    Anonymous

• BTW my cousin is 30! im only 21
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• stick up for yourself.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• oh yes, I hear you. My nephew married into money, and his wife spends money on everyone except me and my husband. DON'T GET ME WRONG I DON'T WANT ANY OF THEIR MONEY. But, they all brag to us about it and it gets on my nerves. We all used to be close but they invited EVERYONE to their wedding except me (they did invite my husband), bcuz the wife is jealous of me for some weird reason (and I'm poor she's rich), my husband refused to go bcuz I was excluded and from there it has been DRAMA ever since. And they are really screwed up, goes to show money doesn't always bring happiness. My husband and I are poor, and we are very happy.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 11:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I do! I've gotten into it so badly that we havent talked for years.... They dont care they keep doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Sounds like they need a dose of reality. I'd have said something smart ass tho. I've got family like that and they think since they have Bachelor degrees they are smarter than me.  It will come to a head one day and all will be out in the open.  Be strong and don't let them get you down they obviously don't like themselves so they have to make others feel as low as them. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• hm. well if thats the case then all you can do is be happy and successful. then they will be bitter.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have some sucky family. Ignore them. Know that they may think they are better than you but in the long run, they will be the ones who will need help.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh man if that was me I would have gone off the handle bars! I would have pointed every last flaw of there's out and told them to not bother with contact since they can't seem to see past the end of their noses.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009