BH contractions ever 5-8 minutes

Im 31 weeks 5 days, ive had them bad for abotu 3 days now...lasting on average about 50 seconds each and about 5-8 minutes apart. I was told me by OB to call L&D if I had more than 10 within the day, and i had that many in an hour, so icalled and they said "well your going to cramp and feel tightening, so if your not in horrific pain, then you dont really need to come. But if you feel like you need to come in, you are welcome to" SO with that being said, IDK if i should go or not =/ its sooo frustrating, and the Dr. on call is one my Dr. is not a fan of and he says "your not going to NOT hurt because you are pregnant" so he really doesnt check anything out! UGH Its soo frustrating! I have a tad bit of lower back pain, and a tiny bit of pelvic pressure with menstraul type cramps...and i explained all this to her, but she said it was normal i guess?? I just want to know what to do!!!!! What do yall think? Go or stay home?!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd stay home unless they get more frequent and stronger.. i went 2 times with false alarms like that and all i got was a very uncomfortable 2 hours at the hospital GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Go... And if it's a false alarm it doesn't matter... If you feel better if you go then go!

I had that with 38 weeks, my OB/GYN told me the same what your doctor's telling you... and guess what... I almost had my baby in the car!

I don't wanna scare you... But if you are unsure then go to the hospital and let them check you out!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 11:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• If they're not following a pattern, increasing intensity, or increasing in frequency then they are braxton hicks. If they go away when you change positions, empty your bladder, walk, etc. Then they're false. There's no reason for you to go in. They're just braxton hicks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• they dont go away no matter what i do...but im not doubled over in pain...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Go.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i personally would not go. i would wait for real labor, although you are pretty early.....

so i guess i would go within 24 hours, if it didn't stop
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't go. I had BHC like that ALL the time my last pregnancy! If I would have gone in each time I would have went at least 30 times! They did that right up til labor.

Look at it this way: The uterus is a muscle. When you have a ctx it is exercising that muscle, thus making it stronger. So.. the more ctx you have, the better prepared your uterus is when it's labor time! YAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• BS! Im barely 34 had the same problem, but was told the same thing about not being in excrutiating pain. So i didnt go in, until i started to bleed. I was in preterm labor but convince myself i wasnt cause it was unbearable.if you are before 36 wks and having that feeling that often you need to go get checked! You could still be dialating and they need to stop it. Be safe not sorry!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 10:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2009