Anyone else a complete worrying FREAK since your baby was born??

I cry at least a few times a day imagining all the awful things that COULD happen to my beautiful baby. I worry about EVERYTHING. From dropping her on her head, to getting into a car accident, to SIDS, to her leaving me when she goes to college! I'm a wreck! Does anyone else feel this way? If you've been through it - please tell me that it goes away, at least a little, after some time? My dd just turned 2 months and when I think about how much I love her I can't breathe! I know it's wonderful to be so in love but it makes me crazy!! help!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This does go away but your hormones are also the problem. You have a few more months to go.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my son will be six months and alot of those things i still think about and to make it worse i work nights so im only home 2 nights to keep an eye on him i have to rely on daddie and well u know how men are so i stress over that a lot
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• It gets better. I still have those thoughts, but they don't get to me as much. DD is almost 10 months.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'd be lying if I said they go away. But for some, they get better. I remember once driving over a very high, long bridge w/ DD in the car. I got VERY nervous and all I could think about was "What if this bridge falls down?! What if my dad (driver) gets into an accident and we fall off?! How on earth would I safely get her out of her carseat and save her from drowning?!" Being a mom has made me way more of an emotional, paranoid mess.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah i feel the same way. my big freak out latley is swine flu. so scared my 2 month old son is going to get it and die.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• lol yea my hubby and i freaked out a few weeks after we brought our son home when it seemed like he was having trouble breathing. We brought him to ER and then he seemed fine and I felt like an idiot. It turned out he just had stuffed up nose...but I had no idea and didn't have the suction thingy. Plus he was in NICU for a couple of days so we didn't know if anything else was wrong. I laugh now but at the time i freaked out.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hormones are to blame for now but for a few unlucky women this does not go away. Have you ever suffered from an anxiety disorder? I've had anxiety/panic attack since I was 8 years old and I thought that having a baby was going to make me a thousand times more spastic but luckily it didn't, though like you I think of crazy things too and it worries me. ALL new mothers (at least all loving and caring mothers) worry about their babies. If it begins to affect your life to the point of depression and really taking a toll on your physical and emotional health I'd talk to a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• MY SON CAYDEN IS ALMOST SIX MONTHS OLD AND I AM SCARED TO LEAVE HIM WITH ANYONE AND AFFRAID TO LEAVE HIM IN THE ROOM BY HISSELF. DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO EAITHER. VERY SCARY IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR DAY ONE.
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 4:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My daughter is 20 mos now.... while I don't worry about dropping her on her head anymore, i worry about everything else!!! My common nightly fear is what if someone breaks in and hurts her while I can't get to her... my MIL says it doesn't go away. And the lack of control you have when they get bigger makes it worse.... it's a mothers worry and I look at it like without it, you wouldn't be as loving and caring as you are!!!

And as anon :11 said, I've suffered anxiety attacks, and severe depression. I got help a few months ago and my nervousness calmed down, never went away!!! I just know how I'd react now if someone were to hurt my child!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Wow lol I had forgotten what it was like when my oldest son was born - yeah, that goes away. I just had my 4th and although I'm aware that bad things can happen, it's a relief to be able to just enjoy him without all the worry!

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2009