so i have a small amt of pink wine..dh is out with friends. ds very son going to pass out.. im getting the urge to color my hair

already have the color i need.. but i have only done my own color twice. trying to save money lately.. do my own hair now.. i actually think it looks ok anywys. its was actually alot of work. i did it last time. i have a absurd amt of hair.. if u color your own hair.. how do u contain the mess per say..??. like when u rinse the color out in the shower does is go everywhere.. shower curtain.. do u wash the towel u dry ur hair in seperate from the other laundry.. do u have a certain towel u use when u color your hair.. i do a deep brown so it spills onto seriously everything.. im feeling a little down and i know that if i did my hair it would cheer me up.. thank u!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• lol i hold over the tub & since i have really thick hair it takes 2 to 3bottles of dye... i wrinse by holding over the tub, use a crappy towel that idc to mess up, then take a shower to wrinse again, after that put on the conditioner while in the shower, after i wash my body, wrinse the conditioner out
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• well I say wait it out if you've had a bit o wine! Only cause you may not see where all the color needs to go and it's night. Otherwise, I use the same towel for color and it gets all over the tub/shower but I pour a cup of water over it and it goes down the drain. I use the gloves and color my hair dry and can control the mess. Good luck!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I used to do my own hair all the time. Here's what I did :
    I had one towel and one old t-shirt that I designated for ColorTime... washed them separately from other laundry.

If you are doing an all over color.....
    Take a small amount of conditioner (any cheap conditioner will do), smear that over your eye brows, on the top and outside of your ears, and around the back of your neck (you'll need to put your hair in a pony tail first). The conditioner keeps the color from transferring to the fine hairs on your neck, keeps it from staining your ears, and protects your eyebrows in case you miss a drop.

Instead of washing it out in the shower, I would bend over the side of the tub and used the tub faucet to rinse out (yeah it requires a little more bending and stretching - but it keeps all the splashing down).

Finally rinse in cold water (after you've conditioned) - it helps retain shine.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i just did my hair red. i have long hair and need two bottles of color. yes it gets all over your shower if you rinse it out that way but as long as you rinse it off with water when your done you should be ok. i keep a t-shirt and towel just for coloring, and petroleum jelly works to if you rub it where you don't won't any color before hand. but i would say that it is all worth it.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009