Somthing that TRULY erks me...Ok I go to an expensive Dinner tonight &...

I order chicken fingers- Now I no what your thinking, you go somewhere nice and you order chicken fingers???!
I am 36 weeks pregnant, and since about 13 weeks, this is ALL I can keep down, IDK why?
Anyway, so I tell the waitress I would like chicken fingers and she looks at me and says, I'm sorry, we can only serve that to diners under 4 years of age....
I look at her like WTH, I'm like you HAVE them on your menu, its not like your resturant doesnt have them, why can't I order them.
She continues to say, sorry, I can not serve them to you, but I would be happy to serve you somthing from the adult menu.
At this point Im angry, and ask to speak with the manager, I explained the situation, and asked if he would kindly allow me to order the chicken tender basket, after a breif conversation he FINALLY agrees...
We get the bill-
They charged me 13.00 for a CHILDS portion (2) chicken fingers and some french fries!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it would IRK me too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd be pissed.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OP here, I mean the childs menu said it was only 5.99 I believe, but they told me since I was an adult, I had to pay an additional fee, but my dinner came with NOTHING the childs menu dinner didn't!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• bull-hock-ee!
    whatever happened to "the customers always right"?!
    that is messed up, they shouldnt charge you that price, especially for the hassle itself!
    i wouldnt go back to that restaraunt!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That is absolutely ridiculous. I would be pissed what restaurant was it?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Doesnt anyone understand that pregnant women barf at the craziest things. I was a cashier while pregnant and the worst things I could smell was celery and garlic bologna, and the only food I could keep down was also chicken....I wouldve threw my fork at them.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would have been angry and would NOT have left a tip, no matter how nice the restaurant was.
    Have they never heard that the customer is always right? I am sorry for your poor experience! I doubt that you will be returning there any time soon. In fact, I would be writing to person in charge and filling them in on the entire situation.
    I wish you well on the remainder of your pregnancy!
    terilou

Answer by terilou at 12:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would not only not go back to that restaurant...I'd be complaining to the highest up manager/owner about the situation for sure!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OP HERE-
    Its called the cotten picker, its just a small town resturant, but its EXPENSIVE, there is a dress code, and they don't even give you free refills on POP!
    I mean, GEEZE , its not like there coke is imported!!!
    OH and they wouldnt serve me Tap water, ONLY BOTTLED WATER!! I paid 4 dollars for a fucking bottle of water!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Lol, get in contact with the owner! I hope u didnt leave a tip
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009