When's a good time?

I've know my boyfriend for about six months and it's going great. He's never met my son before. I think I'm ready to let him meet him, but I just feel like I might regret it. Like if he becomes a jerk later on, i'll feel really bad for letting this guy be around Blake. Or if Blake gets attached to him and we break up and so on. He doesn't have kids, and he's a great guy...When did you let your boyfriends meet your kid?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's whenever YOU feel comfortable to do so. I mean it's good to make sure he's going to stick around for a while, but at the same time you want to make sure he && your child will get along && see how they react to each other before the relationship gets too far.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My current boyfriend knew my daughter since I was pregnant with her (we were not together than)...so he's known her her whole life. I would say that six months is time to at least do an initial meeting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I used to wait about 3-6 months, thats when most of the truth comes out. I wish I wouldve waited longer ,though because the REAl truth didnt come out until my son met them, unfortunately. You need to explain to your B/F everything you think he needs to know about your son. When you do introduce him (make sure you are at a park or chuck e cheese a place where he can see your kid in his element, not to mention around other kids), introduce him as a FRIEND, and until you are sure he is "the one", keep his meetings with your son to a minimum, no more than 2 times a week. After about a year, ask your son what he thinks of your man, and if he likes him, then tell him he's ur B/F. It sounds impossible, but thats the only way to protect ur kid from getting hurt right along with you. Trust me, I've been there and I'm sorry I was. One more thing,make sure your man dont get annoyed with your son either, even if something he does is bad.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I won't date anymore until my kids are adults. I am very happy on my own and won't put them at risk. They are more important to me than my libido.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think that says a LOT about what kind of Mother you are. It makes me happy to know there are Mom's out there that put their kids first before a guy. Good for you! And I say when it feels right you will know and if you're having doubts and have to ask I would say maybe wait a little longer. Good luck;)
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ok anon, my relationship is alot more than just either one of our libidos.And mumma-my son isn't even two yet, so I can't just take him to chuck e cheese...His elmement is at home, with all his toys. And in a year, he'll still be young and probably not fully understand.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You can let them meet, but that doesn't mean they have to start a relationship with each other right away. Keep it casual. Let your son meet your "friend". See how they interact. Take it slow. You and he are still getting to know each other. But meeting your son is very important in your decision to stay with him, so you've got to cross that bridge, when you think it's time. It's all risky when kids are involved. But it sounds like you are on the right track. I hope it all works out for you.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son was 2 when my fiance died (I was engaged before) my son knew. He knew the year after when he was 3 and I dated another guy. He's 8 now and still remembers that scond guy and the late fiance. Your boyfriends can have a major impact on ur child's life. I thought the same way you did once, and I was wrong.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009