is it odd for the second son different mother to take the name of the father..

the first son has another name and the daDS name is his middle name.. the second child was also born 9yrs later different marriage... i think that if u name the second kid jr why not the first.. shrug .. i dunno

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe the first mom didn't want a Jr and the second mom was okay with it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think it'd be okay. People naturally assume the older of thr brothers to have the name of the father but ppl get used to it. Not a big deal
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I don't know. My SO && I have discussed this before when we were discussing whether or not we were going to have more children after we get married. He said his ex-wife wanted to name their son a jr. but he didn't want to. So she told him that if they ever split up && he had another son that he couldn't make him a jr because that was his 1st son's birth right. However, he said if we ever had a son he wants him to be jr. I doubt we will have any more children, but even if we did I don't like to whole jr. concept, so our son wouldn't be a jr. Anyway, I don't know how all that works but I guess normally it is the 1st born son's "birth right" to be the jr. if there is going to be one.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It doesn't matter. I think typically, the first boy is the legacy. But I have heard more than once of the 2nd or 3rd boy taking the Dad's name, even in the same family.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009