?

is there anyway i can tell if ima need to be cut open? im due next month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, those things ALL get figured out sometimes SECONDS before they do it!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• no....they tell you while they are cutting you i remember my doc was like humm i think we are going to have to cut you and come to find out he was doing it while he was telling me
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 12:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• just pray that you dont.. im guessing your nervous... so am i (im due in november)

good luck!!!
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would rather tear than be cut. I read the muscles are like a t-shirt. It's harder to tear a t-shirt that doesn't already have a cut or tear. But if you cut the shirt first, it's much easier to tear it after. My midwife said the only thing is the stitches are a bit harder because it isn't a clean cut like an epsiotomy but they don't normally do epsiotomies so they are used to stitching tears. She said they only do epsiotomies if the baby is in distress and they need to get it out quickly or if it looks as though you are going to have multiple tears. She said if the mom has a poor diet then the area will get a starburst look to it and if they don't cut it, she can have a lot of tears. Like up to 8 or more. She said they use mineral oil and message the area and try to get to stretch as you're in labor.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009