head down

how do i know if my babys head is down yet? im 32 weeks and 6 days

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the doc will tell you at your appointment.i think at 32 weeks babies turn upside down.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Not always true, Im 36 almost 37 weeks, and I KNOW he is head up by the way I feel his hicups, my doctor remains unsure, so she is doing an US on thrusday.
    But hicups dont happen in your rib cage if the head is down LOL
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i can kinda feel the hicups on my left side,i feel alot of movin around at the top by my ribs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You can also tell by where they are kicking. When my DS's head dropped at 33 weeks (most are between 34 and 36, some after or before that), he kicked the heck out of my ribs!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• humm your doc could tell you but when my DD was not head down it was painfull because she was pushing on my ribs but when she turned it was relieveing
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 12:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• mines been head down since 28wks not in birthing position but his head is jammed into my hips im 31wks now
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 12:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You should feel the baby turn; I did and it was the weirdest feeling in the world. It made me giggle. But the doctor will tell you.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have to agree with " allans_girl" you should feel the baby turn... and I tell you what it is a pretty weird feeling lol..
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah PP is right...now imagine two babies doing it....more than once. These two gave the techs a run for their money. I swear they both flipped at least twice (and I have the US's to prove it!)
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I NEVER felt my babies turn. I always knew, though, by the types of movement I felt. Once the stronger ones were up top and the more subtle ones at the bottom I knew they have flipped.

And it's also not uncommon for a baby to turn until right before labor, so if your baby is still head down at 39 weeks, don't freak out! It's even common for them to turn DURING LABOR if they haven't yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2009