so instead of a baby shower gift my neighbor told my mom she was gonna get me...

a gift card to a restaurant so me and my hubby can enjoy some nights out before the baby gets here. I thought this was so nice, even though my mom totally told me, Even if our neighbor doesnt go thru with it its still a nice thought.

has anyone else ever gotten a non-baby shower related gift before? Did you appreciate it, was it useful???

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One of my dear friends took me for a pedicure & lunch about a week before DS was born. It was a lovely afternoon & my feet were so swollen by that point, the pedi was wonderful! Of course, she had to help me out of the chair afterwards, lol. I think it is a beautiful thing to get something for the mom as well as the baby, especially if it is a first baby. The Mom tends to get forgotten at times in all the excitement of the new baby.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I got a huge pink fuzzy robe && let me tell you, it really came in handy during those 1st 6 weeks because some days I just did not feel like getting dressed...lol. I still use it to this day too.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I always get the baby a gift and then depending how close I am with the Mommy to be I get her a personal gift too, like a gift card for a mani and pedi or a hair cut or her favorite bath scents and lotions. I got the idea from a friend that got me a gift basket full of things (magazines, soothing cd, chapstick, snacks, socks and slippers) I would need when I was in labor. I loved it so much that she thought of me.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I got a few gifts for me and I thought it was really nice.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I always give a mommy to be basket. I put everything in it from hand cream to silly socks. Anything that fits the moms personality. If I'm visiting a mom that didn't have a shower, I still bring the mommy basket. It means even more to the mom.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 12:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I always buy the mom a pamper mom gift as well as a little baby gift. In the mom's I usually include a letter reminding them to take care of themselves and that it is ok to not be perfect. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I received a photo studio membership and gift card for pictures at my shower. It wasn't baby gear but it was amazing! I never would have though to buy that for someone, but it was my favorite gift! The cost of professional photos is outrageous and we were grateful to get a professional session to add to our millions of Mommy-taken photos.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• LOL Nope. Hell I didn't even get but like five items on my registry! Although I remember complaining we had too many burp cloths and bibs...now I totally have to eat my words. MY GOD these two go through those things like crazy!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I want these people at my shower! but being so low income, everything i get is for the baby and i'm so thankful to even get that. i don't have friends here, so my baby shower was at a church.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I never got any gifts :(

But that was a very nice offer from them. Enjoy the time with your spouse before the baby gets here. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009