how many moms have gave there child up for adoption?

i saw the show 16 an pregnant and i think that those 2 teenagers were really strong for doing it and i give them a lot of respect because they knew they couldnt do it.i would never give my baby up and wouldnt be able to.im just wondering who has and how did they do it.if you wanna put why feel free 2.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 12:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Adoption

• i couldn't do it ... i remember when i first found out i was pregant and wasn't sure what to do... but deep down knew that these were my babes to take responsibility for,,, thank god i did.. who knows where i'd be today had i not changed.... i feel for those women years down the road all the birthdays first moments wondering... very sad...
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I was 16 and I never even thought of giving my baby up for adoption. I just could never do it after seeing their faces. I saw that show when she gave her baby up and yes she was very strong.If I was going to give up my baby I would not be able to see the baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• am sorry i dont think that was brave i think that was an easy way out, i feel that everyone can do anything if they wan it bad enought and that doesnt leave them with any lesson learn if it was easy the first time the 2nd and 3rd is a pice of cake its just wrong if your going to have sex you get pregnant then deal with it grow up and make it happen their alot of other girls that do it so why cant you
    nanysmommy

Answer by nanysmommy at 1:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Wht would yoy think surrendering a child to adoption is easy and anyone would want to repeat it?It is the worsepain you can imagine and it is forever.Virtually all natural mothers that surrendered their child did it because they felt their child would be better off with another family not so they could have a life of freedom and no responsibility.There are natural mothers that are at peace with their decesions but they didn't do it so they didn't have to deal with responsibilityThere are natural moms that to this day are in pain and have there is no peacebut still did not surrender so they would not have to deal with responsibility.Even if there was any truth to your view why would you want a child to be brought up by a mother just so she could learn a lesson.Children are too precious to be used that way.If you would educate yourself by reading through adoption answers instead of spouting off about something you know nothing
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• about you would realize that most surrendered because they thought or others had been convinced or some had been manipulated into thinking their child would be better off with otherparents.There are many ways women come to this conclusion but it is not just to avoid responsibility.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• nanysmommy-

I am curious- do you know any real information about adoption? Going by your response, I will assume that you are very uneducated about adoption and all that it entails.
    It is painfully obvious that you have a misconception about why relinquishment occurs. Many women are coerced into placing their child by agencies/attorneys. They are not given proper counseling before placing the child and they are not educated about the laws regarding adoption either.
    There is loss for at least 2 members of the triad... the first mom and the adoptee. The first mom experiences loss after they relinquish and the adoptee will deal with grief/loss their whole life. Adoption is not all rainbows and kittens as many feel it is.
    I am an adoptive mother by the way..:-)
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• For anyone to think that losing your child through adoption is the "easy way out" just shows that they know nothing about First Mothers.Not a day goes by that I don't think about my daughter, and how I destroyed both of our lives by doing what I was told. By believing that it was better for her to have 2 parents instead of me. That these "magic" 2 parents were immune to divorce, abuse, and all other evils. That money , bought happiness. She will feel abandoned for the rest of her life. She is now a married adult, with issues that will forever follow her. But, you are right . the choice to relinquish is not brave. We were lied to , sometimes. Pressured, always. But, I should have run. I should have taken her, grabbed a bag, and disappeared into the night. I have never forgiven my parents. But, don't you ever think what we did was "easy". We pay for it, every day , every second, for the rest of our lives.
    stillamom1213

Answer by stillamom1213 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• But, don't think me brave. I was a coward. Though young, I take full blame for all that happened. I never should have done what it took to get me into that situation. Don't think think those thoughts don't swirl through my mind. If had just been the perfect teenager, then I would not have been punished. If I had not believed the man who would become my husband, after HS....if I had been PURE. So, as you can see, Birthmothers, may ,or may not be what you think. But, I think you need to learn a little more about Adoption before you accuse of taking the easy way out. By the way, I'm 42 yrs old, and I think of her every day, and cry. Blessings.
    stillamom1213

Answer by stillamom1213 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Stillamom and Drfink, you both hit every detail on the head. The one who stated that we give away our children to avoid responsibility obviously has no clue whatsoever. I don't doubt in the least that there are a small percentage of women who VOLUNTARILLY surrender because they did not want the responsibility, and I do know one. But the vast majority did so because we were only trying to do what was right for our children, or as another stated, were forced into it by greedy agencies, lawyers, embarassed family, etc.

Nanysmommy, you should educate yourself before running your mouth. You make yourself look like a fool.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• thank you every1 for sharing your opinions and stories.I was just really curious.i know it was hard and i am more than sure you did it to make sure your child had the best life they could.i wish you all luck in your future and god bless you and your children.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009