Have you heard the healthy news that redhead women feel pain more

easily especially at the dentist? I read it either on cnn.com or msnbc.com wth? for real?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• Im a redhead. Ive heard that too. It may be true. I know I bruise extremely easy compared to anyone else I know. a lot of things irritate my skin. The sun for sure! I can be in the sun for 2 minutes and burn badly. but i dont tan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ive heard that, and they also have more pain breastfeeding because their skin is less stretchy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'm a redhead and I have a high tolerance for pain......
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i heard redheads feel less pain. i saw it on the science channel. they say thats why they get in fights more lol.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 6:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That's an old wives tale I've been hearing for years.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 6:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I've heard that for years! I know what Ever I got for the Dentist, having A tooth pulled & what I was given before each of my Children's Births It did NOT work or help! You can't see Red in my Hair! But Its there! I do Beleive it! The claim is Red heads need more Pain killers! I never ever got any! But Every thing I've ever tried never worked or took it Away.. After my second Baby's Birth I was Ripped, Brusies & looked like A War down there!! It had to be the most Horrible thing I ever Saw! So do I beleive this? I know it!! Sure is true in my Case!! But being A Migraine Suffere for 30 long life robbing years & Going without Medical Care. I just live with it! I feel for others !! So this one for me is True! I'm one to dispuit old wive's tales but this one I can't!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2009