Do you ever feel overwhelmed from teh attention your children give you or need from you?

I have three children 8, 5, and 3. my mother says i do too much with them..too much playing too much snugglin, etc. sometimes i do feel really overwhelmed when someone wants to be in my lap or get kisses, it just seems like all day everyday. some times i feel like i have no say or personal space...i'm all for luvin and being affetionate but they are like lil monkeys hangin on me...anyone else feel this way? i don't wanna be mean , i want them to understand..mama needs a lil space sometimes..

jennypenny3000

Asked by jennypenny3000 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes all the time, my four year old starts asking me questions and everything else from the minute he wakes up all the way untill he goes to bed lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Sure. We ALL need space sometimes. Doesn't mean I love them any less.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i feel that way sometimes. DD is my first shes 4 months, super demanding cause shes so alert and never naps, and my DH is deployed and my mom only has a little time left, i am living w/ her til she passes. i have no one to help me, no friends in the area no family either. i have to do everything w/ my dd strapped to me..last night in the hospital when visiting my mom i had the hershey squirts and had to take dd cause i didnt have anyone else. i love her like ive never loved anyone before but im just mommy all the time, no time to even crap by myself
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh yes, sometimes I want my personal space too. I dont mind a hug, a snuggle or a kiss, but I dont like them hanging on me. I let them know that while its okay to hug, kiss and snuggle, ask them to not hang on you . Or have specific times for that and specific times for that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2009