Working out with a 3month old

Well I am getting a membership to the YMCA. So that I can start working out and get into shape. They have a daycare in the place, but I honestly don't want to leave my baby in there. I want to be able to just take him in his stroller and have him with me. Do you think I am crazy for wanting this??? My step-mom says that I need a break sometimes with being a single mother. I haven't left him at all and I don't want to until i start school again. What would you do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am pregnant now, but when my baby is born I will bring him/her in a baby sling. I only plan on using the tredmil and bike though so he or she can be comfortable while I do what I need to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah I have a baby sling that i use too, but he is getting wayyy to heavy lol...he is 20 pounds, so i dont think i can run on a tredmill with him in it .i will kill my back. this is the op btw lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• A break from your baby is nice every once in a while, but not always a must. There will come a point in time when you will "need" that break. Until that time comes, do what you are comfortable with.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Just take the baby to the daycare, it's not for that long. Your baby will be fine. I don't think they allow children on the floor any way..too much liability
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Did you ever read the parable of the ten virgins in the Bible well then do
    meagain_age55

Answer by meagain_age55 at 4:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I started taking my son to church around this time and I honestly think he had more fun in the nursery watching the other babies than he did when he was in the service with me. I'm not telling you what to do, just think about what is best for your baby - where will he enjoy being more? If it's with you, then keep him with you; otherwise, let him spend a little time in the daycare place and spend your workout time focused on you.

Answer by missanc at 8:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Do a Mommy and Me Pilates Class! I know there are a few places that do them at different locations. OmMamma, Women's Health Physical Therapy, or Stroller Strides! They are all local, and you get to get back in shape with your baby right by your side and meet other new mommies! Good luck!
    ARoseisaRose1

Answer by ARoseisaRose1 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I rec stroller strides. But leaving baby at the gym for short periods of time (1-2 hours) really helps them acclimate to seperation and is totally healthy. In my little ones class the only 3 babies who were ok with seperation were the 3 moms who left them at the gym child care center.
    RyaMamaRN

Answer by RyaMamaRN at 5:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• "Did you ever read the parable of the ten virgins in the Bible well then do "

Does any one know the verse for that in the Bible??? I am curious about how ten virgins have anything to do with working out and taking a baby to daycare.
    This is the OP.
    And thank you ladies for all your all your advice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2009